2022 UPDATE – PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK LOCATIONS ON CURRENT OPEN HOURS/DAYS
I think we all know how unpredictable the season can be especially when it comes to spring showers so I’ve put together this handy guide when you’re looking for things to do that are indoors with your little ones. Enjoy!
Don’t have toddlers or preschoolers? Tap HERE for an alternate indoor list of things to do & be sure you’re following on Instagram for more valuable resources!
1. GREAT LAKES SCIENCE CENTER – Downtown Cleveland
Get your science on at the Great Lakes Science Center. There are special exhibits just for little ones!
2. WESTERN RESERVE FIRE MUSEUM – Downtown Cleveland
This fire department themed museum has a newly decorated play area just for kids!
3. INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S AIR & SPACE MUSEUM – Downtown Cleveland
Always free admission for their exhibits – a wonderful place for any plane loving toddler!
4. CLEVELAND PUBLIC LIBRARY – MAIN BRANCH – Downtown Cleveland
Visit the main branch & see the beautiful view from the 10th floor observation deck.
5. GREATER CLEVELAND AQUARIUM – The Flats
Touch some stingrays at the Greater Cleveland Aquarium & explore all there is do at the aquarium!
6. CLEVELAND METROPARKS ZOO RAINFOREST – Old Brooklyn
Visit the newly renovated rainforest at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo. Toddlers will love exploring this beautiful place on a rainy or chilly day.
7. B.A. SWEETIES – Old Brooklyn
Visit the largest candy store in North America. Kids will have fun pushing little carts made for their shopping extravaganza!
8. FAIRVIEW PARK LIBRARY – Fairview Park
This branch of the Cuyahoga County Library System has a super fun indoor play space for kids in their children’s area.
9. FAIRVIEW PARK REC DEPARTMENT AT THE GEMINI CENTER – Fairview Park
Toddler Tumble Time returns at the Gemini Center! Mondays & Fridays from 9:30-11:30am. Ages 6 months – 5 years.
10. ROCKY RIVER PUBLIC LIBRARY – Rocky River
Rocky River Public Library has a bunch of fun things to do including games & toys!
11. ROCKY RIVER NATURE CENTER – North Olmsted
The Rocky River Nature Center is a great place to burn off some energy on these chilly, fall days! FREE
12. GREAT NORTHERN MALL – North Olmsted
The play area at Great Northern Mall is super cute. There is even a height requirement so you can rest assure your toddlers will be safe here. The mall also has a very nice family lounge by the restrooms.
13. CUYAHOGA COUNTY NORTH OLMSTED BRANCH – North Olmsted
The North Olmsted branch has a super nice farm themed play area. A perfect way to spend a day indoors!
14. NORTH OLMSTED GYMNASTICS – North Olmsted
North Olmsted Gymnastics holds an open gym for children 6 & under every Thursday & Friday.
15. ABOVE THE BARRE – Berea
Above The Barre Dance & Gymnastics holds an open gym for children ages 5 & under every Friday.
16. LAKE ERIE NATURE & SCIENCE CENTER – Bay Village
Always free – check out the great selection of animals & interactive kids activities located in Bay Village. They also have a planetarium with shows for $5 per person.
17. SKY ZONE – Westlake
Get out some energy at Sky Zone trampoline park in Westlake with their toddler times!
18. WESTLAKE PORTER PUBLIC LIBRARY – Westlake
The Kidspace at Westlake Porter Public Library is a great spot for playtime for toddlers – there’s also story times if you pre-register.
19. MILLER NATURE PRESERVE – Avon
Visit the 5000 square foot conservatory & see multiple displays of beautiful plant specimens from all over the world in Avon.
20. AVON LAKE PUBLIC LIBRARY DISCOVERYWORKS – Avon Lake FREE
Inside Avon Lake Public Library is DiscoveryWorks which is an incredible STEM based indoor learning center for kids. There are two spaces divided for younger kids & older kids each with their own unique sets of interactive activities to do.
21. SQUEAKY SNEAKERS AT ANCHOR RECREATION CENTER – Avon Lake
Designed for children ages 18 months through five years, this is an open gym program for preschoolers. They offer an assortment of balls, blocks, mats, parachutes and much more! Open Monday, Wednesday, & Fridays
22. LORAIN PUBLIC LIBRARY – NORTH RIDGEVILLE BRANCH – North Ridgeville
23. WITTLE TOWN PLAY – Sheffield Village *RE-OPENS APRIL 1ST!*
Super cute Main Street USA indoor play center for kiddos 6 & under – they are reopening April 1st!
24. FRENCH CREEK RESERVATION NATURE CENTER – Sheffield Village
Here you’ll find some animal exhibits along with a small play space that has some great activities for the younger kiddos like a rock wall & exploration areas.
25. CARLISLE RESERVATION NATURE SPACE – Lagrange
This is a fantastic indoor play space at Carlisle Reservation in Lagrange. It’s dinosaur themed with a lot of space to roam around & play. It’s also adjacent to the new nature space. While you’re there be sure to explore the outdoor children’s discovery trail with little cabins they can go inside & play in while learning about nature.
26. RITTER PUBLIC LIBRARY – Vermilion
If you have a nautical-loving little one, they’ll love Ritter Public Library. The children’s section has a large boat to explore in & a really beautiful aquarium to look at with little Nemos & Dorys.
27. MIDWAY MALL – Elyria
Here’s a notable mention for you – an abandoned mall play space! Okay, it’s not totally abandoned but they do have a pretty cute play space if you find yourself in Elyria. Just bring the hand wipes!
Looking for Toddler/Preschooler Friendly Playgrounds? Tap HERE for the list!
WORTH THE DRIVE
CHILDREN’S MUSEUM OF CLEVELAND – Midtown Cleveland
What better place to spend time indoors with your toddlers than the Children’s Museum of Cleveland. Worth the drive!
CLEVELAND MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY – University Circle
Lots to do & see here with toddlers!
CLEVELAND BOTANICAL GARDEN – University Circle
The beautiful gardens are open year round – rain or shine! A wonderful indoor place to explore.
THE CLEVELAND MUSEUM OF ART– University Circle
The art museum is FREE & has a beautiful atrium for little ones to toddle around. The Artlens Gallery has a bunch of interactive components to enjoy as well!