Here is great fall/winter recipe that’s healthy, easy to substitute your favorite veggies and then fix it and forget it. It’s a win/win!!
Spaghetti and Veggies Crockpot (vegan friendly)
• 1/2 package pasta (I used brown rice spaghetti)
• 2 cups water
• 1 green pepper chopped
• 1/2 an onion diced
• 2 cloves garlic minced
• 1 red pepper chopped
• 5-7 mushrooms sliced
• 3 cups diced tomatoes or 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
• 2 T fresh basil chopped
• 2 T fresh parsley chopped
• sea salt to taste
• Put everything except the basil and parsley and pasta in the slow cooker and cook on low for about 1/2 an hour.
• Then turn to high for another 1 1/2 hours or until the onions start to soften.
• Add in the pasta when there is about 20 minutes of cooking time left.
• Add the basil and parsley about 5 minutes before the spaghetti is done.
If the sauce seems a little thin to you, you can add some arrowroot or non GMO cornstarch to thicken it up. This meal should keep in the fridge for a week.